Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gung Hay Fat Choy -農曆新年

I had a very busy week. I was going to paint today but I had to do some errands. So, last week I went to a Chinese New Year party with my classmates from kung fu class. The music was loud, the restaurant was very crowded, and the food was delicious! This was probably my third year attending the party but I always have so much fun.

This year is year of the Ox. According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Ox symbolizes prosperity. Those who are born under the influence of Ox are fortunate to be stable and persevering. I found this photo online from Daily Planet – I thought it was so adorable. This photograph was taken by Robert of Fairfax.


And here are some photos from the Chinese New Year celebration.

Here’s the stage where everyone goes up to sing karaoke.


The class photograph. The kids don’t look too happy to be photographed and that’s Sifu in the middle.

I’m going to upload more photos this week in Yang’s Kung Fu blog. It has been two months since updated it. Don’t forget to check them out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh!!! this is so sweeet Ranx2!! I love your photos!! Dick dick looks so cute as well!! Oh I miss you guys so much!! looks like you guys are like one family!! so sweet!! I love the ox art as well!!