Saturday, January 17, 2009

Butterfly Paradise

I can’t believe I finally finished painting! I wanted to finish soon but I just didn’t have enough time. I had to miss 2 kung fu classes – I hate not being able to go to school.

I am so excited to post my pictures online. It has been a long arduous week and I’m glad it’s over. I was browsing online a while ago and I saw this little girl holding a white umbrella. I really like the picture so I did a sketch but never gone back to it until now. It has been 3 months since I worked on it. Here’s my sketch:


I don’t have a studio – I do pretty much everything in my room. I placed all my supplies next to my bookcase. So this is what I’ve been doing in the past few days.


I really enjoy gardens and everything about it – I think it’s magical. I added transparent butterflies in the background. Perhaps when butterflies die they’re still in the garden. Here’s a more close-up look.

4 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I like this one, the greens and yellows. I can almost smell the lilies.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance

Cat said...

Aaww thank you Teri. It was very frustrating because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm glad you like it :)

Unknown said...

OMG Ranx2!!!!!!! This is wondeful!! just so beautiful! I thought that girl looked like me at first then, she started to look like Damsel...lol. either way so cool!! I love the composition and her facial expression!! It is all worth it even you have to miss 2 classes!! lol!

Cat said...

Thank you Sachan! I think the sketch looks more like Damsel but the finish product looks like you. I am thinking of working on it more. I'm still not satisfied lol.
when are you coming home?