Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ramen

They had to take down the one of my chalkboards today since the promo is done. I hate erasing them but I have to so I can use them for the next promo. So, I took a picture of this particular board because it reminds me of ramen.


I had tasted instant ramen numerous times before and I thought they were delicious until I had the real ramen. Instant ramen is nowhere close to the authentic ramen. I don't know what they were thinking trying to imitate something with such inconceivable taste! So the first place I went to was Totto, next was Momofuku and the last one was Ippudo. Totto won my taste buds and my wallet, albeit I didn't pay for it. The only downside with all three places is the long-enduring waiting but it's all worth it. Anyway, if you're anywhere Manhattan and want to try some delicious ramen, go to Totto. I've always imagined that If I were in Japan eating ramen, it would taste just like Totto's or pretty close.

Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.
Ludwig van Beethoven

2 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I love the drawing...looks tasty! I don't care for instant ramen at all, don't even like how it smells when it's cooking...but I would love to try 'fresh'!

Cat said...

Thanks Teri! I miss having ramen, especially this week. I just want to sit and relax and eat some ramen.