Monday, December 1, 2008

Doodles & Quotes


A sketch from my sketchbook that I scanned. I was doodling today, just trying various things. I experimented with different types a little bit and played with different colors. I love the retro feel of the illustration. I thought the quote by Mark Twain was perfect. It looks like the cat is trying to cheer her up.

More quotes by Mark Twain:

TOP 10 QUOTES



1. Education
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Tidbit: Mark Twain, who is recognized as the “father of American literature,’’ was not educated beyond elementary school.

2. Courage
There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice.

3. Wit
One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives.

4. Friendship

The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.

5. Humor

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.

6. Success
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.

7. Courage
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.

8. Education
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them.

9. Age
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.

10. Health
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.

No comments: