Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My first Monarch


Here’s a couple of pictures of a Monarch butterfly I took from our garden this summer. I thought it was dead when I saw it inside the chrysalis hanging from the Ice Ballet milkweed. I only realized it was alive when I went back to explore the garden once again a few of hours later. I couldn’t believe there’s a full grown Monarch in my garden! It was the most amazing thing I witnessed that day. I ran inside and grabbed my camera and took a lot of photos. It remained on the leaf for a few hours pumping its blood from its abdomen to the wings and then flew away as soon as the sun dried its wings. I hope to see more of them next summer. I can’t wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Ranx2!! that is amazing!! i cant wait to have my own house and have agarden!! so i can see those amazing things!! xoxoxo

Cat said...

I would love to see your garden someday. I’m sure it’s going to be beautiful.

Mike Reckmeyer said...

that's really cool...